Services provided: Web Design, Development & Management | SEO | PPC | KPI Dashboard | Mobile Application Development
Locomation (a combination of locomotion and automation) was established by some of the world’s top experts on autonomous vehicles, robotics, and artificial intelligence. The team at Locomation has a single overarching mission: to automate as many types of vehicles as possible.
As if that wasn’t enough of a challenge, not long after choosing the company name, they discovered they had an unexpected problem that was inadvertently misleading if not deterring potential customers.
Challanges & Solution
If at first you thought the company’s name was “locomotion” versus “locomation,” you’re not alone.
As it turns out, Google frequently had the same reaction when people used it to search for the company. Interpreting the search for ‘locomation’ to be a misspelling. Google search results would lead with the 1962 song “The Loco-Motion,” and in particular to a YouTube video.
The Locomation team understandably wanted search results to direct people to their company’s website, not a grainy video of Little Eva performing her only hit song or, far more disturbingly, Kylie Minogue’s 1988 version.
Using SEO techniques, we trained Google to produce the desired search results for “locomation.” (Sorry, Loco-Motion fans…nothing personal.)
The Locomation team was so happy with the results of that initial assignment, they asked RCDM Studio to take on a wide range of additional and ongoing tasks, including:
- Re-engineering and day-to-day management of their website
- Designing and building a tablet app to sign up potential customers that company sales representatives were meeting at conferences
- Developing and creating a graphical one-page dashboard that displays Google keyword traffic and position, Facebook friends, Instagram likes, and tweets/retweets, and shows activity across those platforms over time
- Integration with Calendly, Pardot and Salesforce CRM
- Launching a Pay Per Click advertising campaign to drive inbound sales
Richard and his team at RCDM did an amazing job… a sophisticated and user-friendly website, keywords climbing in the Google search results, and traffic growth every month. They also built a dashboard to track our organic and paid metrics. We’ve had a great working relationship and their expertise has made a significant difference. I’d recommend Richard and his team without reservation.
– Sean Rushton
Communications Director, Locomation
Want to find out more about how we can help?